Everything is... and thats a fact!

Hi guys. Part of my initiation was to acknowledge the value of all that is, even things that do not seem to have value, or seem to detract from the value of things. I think this idea is obvious to the subtle mind, but the conscious mind doesn’t spend a lot of time contemplating it- and that is what I believe is the real focal point of Chaos Magick- finding the purpose and use for everything- to open the door to new things that we can admire and use.

This observation will vary depending upon experience, but after a few years of paring life down to the fundamentals, I see that its not actually that complicated. How did I do this? My initiation began with the contemplation of Good and Evil, which caused a sort of paranoia in me that led me on a chase until I defeated it. I had to name a fundamental Good, and a fundamental Evil- something absolute from one perspective- without making any concessions that the Evil is Good- this required a certain optimism and recognition of what we believe we enjoy at the outset- and I defined this fundamentally as; Good is that which aids us in our efforts, and Evil is that which opposes. This might sound obvious, and it should be, but again, these are not things we consciously recognize and catalogue. My spiritual path has led me to many fundamentals that bring me a sort of calm, and peace- and strength- strength that helps me accept that which I have no power over, and to recognize, if necessary, that which seems disturbing.

So when something is an obstacle, it might seem to be bad, but in Chaos Magick we recognize its value- even though most of us would rather not be opposed, it provides a strength- a strength that we need, and why do we need to be strong? This strength actually harms our emotional body, and its True that the Good of Love is not to want the emotional body harmed, and that when our emotional body is harmed, we act callously. So why do we need this endurance? Its because of our physical environment; Nature, and the act of struggling to go from place to place, and endure the variety of things on this path. We need a certain thick skin, or we would be too feeble.

So why am I sharing this? Its because my initiation was a sort of obsession to conquer Chaos, pain, fear, death, and hatred. This is a sort of ideal that most mystics begin with, because the earnest heart aims at the greatest Good. Im writing this to say that it is impossible. Essentially, shit happens, and we have to manage it. Now, Chaos Magick is about scooping up the poop and making it into gold, and that is its value. Ive been told that a mystic is not meant to examine Chaos, but I think that is wrong, that is exactly how we arrive at improvements.

So when you start on your mystical and Magickal journey, keep this in mind, and expect that God is ALL, and that there is a good and a bad result from everything, and only God knows the reason for establishing this system, and only God knows what He intended to be the result. Don’t sweat it out- but don’t ignore Wisdom either.

In Magick, after the Adept is finished in the Abyss, they come up with their Law, or message for the world, and can form their philosophy or religion around the Truth that they have claimed. For Aliester Crowley, the Law he defined was “Do What Thou Wilt” I have come up with one, which was “Do not obstruct” which I have outlined elsewhere, but the one I claim now is “Everything Is”.

So how are these enlightened comments? For Crowley, it wasn’t simply that human beings have free will, or at least, the ability to choose from a potentially predetermined set of options- I think he was saying that with this ability, we should investigate all options and potentials, because this will contribute to our wealth. It will also keep us from being held at the mercy of injustice- but it will also allow injustice, and so it is a difficult Law to digest, because it is essentially lawless. I have validated this because ultimately, we cannot know the outcome of our actions, even bad actions can have Good consequences. This is based on the faith of God that Mankind will make the choices they need to make, for the betterment of the self, the family, or all of humanity. This is a Law of strength, and the strong will make liberal use of it- and it is up to those of us that are trying to hold the order of life together to monitor these magicians and be certain that what they do actually does bring some benefit to the things I have outlined- which are the needs: food, shelter, clothing, transportation, industry, enjoyment, medicine and civil order. This brings me to what I chose to declare, which was “Do not obstruct”. Do not obstruct means that so long as you are not harming or obstructing someone else, and they are not harming or obstructing you, you are free to do what thou wilt. If their actions come into conflict with yours, object, and the argument will prove who deserves what rights- which, we all deserve to be free, so long as we are not harming anyones health or property. I believe this is how the West functions now, and this is the door to why the secret occultist societies are regarding as being the True Religion of the West. These are not the proactive messages of Buddhism and Christianity, which are very excellent religions in terms of aiding people and keeping a peaceful order. Mankind has chosen to denounce this faith though, for mankind has always desired more freedom, and mankind enjoys the sensations that these religions warn against, because a passionate personality disturbs the calm, and causes ignorance (at times). Pride creates jealousy, jealousy creates a threat, or depression- and also ambition. The same for greed, and desiring to obtain what someone else has obtained. Its a competitive spirit, and the fruits of these things: wealth, power and beauty, are enjoyable to mankind, and aren’t always used in an unjust fashion. The endeavor to produce and procure these things causes us industry, which is needed in our capitalistic economy. This spirit of passion is also good as a motive of seeking and inventing, as is Duty- which is a more prudent and disciplined method of doing the Good. I have now declared that “Everything Is” because I recognize that these systems will never be defeated- that the spirit of Do What Thou Wilt is actually Divinely supported, and so we must learn to accept this state- Mystics know, all of this evolves out of Chaos, and as any rational person with a perspective on history can say, God has not always been orderly, and immortality is uncertain. Everything is, and so, learn what it is, and make the best of it. Everything is, so beware what you might have cause to fear- do not blind yourself. Everything is, so be at peace.