A reminder about hubris from Carroll

Does ‘the power of the way you live’ cause magick to occur effortlessly?

Do you use ‘True Will’ as an excuse to do nothing?

Do you think that even when things apparently go badly for you, your inborn spiritual wisdom and power have arranged an initiation for you, despite your conscious desire?

(They may well have, but how do you choose to interpret the message?)

Do you no longer need your instruments and the technical procedures of spells and servitors?

Have you declared yourself enlightened?

Damn your weak philosophies; a pox and a pestilence upon your despicable sloth and arrogance.

Either give up now, tear off those adept’s stripes that you once won and join the New-Agers, or pick up that wand and let’s see half a dozen tight sigils launched with full gnosis before dawn.

6 Likes

"Great wizards never exist in a state of masterly inactivity in imagined perfect worlds. Great wizards study, strive and conjure till they drop. They have much to do; the quest on which humanity has embarked has barely begun.

Those declaring themselves enlightened merely display their inability to imagine the extent of what they don’t know."

Love it. Reminds me of the ego trap meme going around.

Never be content to rest and become lazy

4 Likes

I got lazy because I got miserable and I paid a heavy price. Never again.

1 Like

It depends upon what you know, what you need to know, and what you want to know. I know enough to be fine with what I know, but I do not know enough (few could) to know how to handle anything, except that most of everything has it’s roots in a small amount of something, which can be found and known- it is only the extension of these elemental things in new and progressively complex combinations that can catch us off guard, but if you know to expect the occurrence of any combination, then you can be prepared for any situation. Lol@getting it all down, and better luck at trying to be the winner in the contest of knowledge and power

It’s the major difference between “the fakes and wannabes” and the “real deal”.

Fakes and wannabes expect instant gratification. They’re on the bandwagon, and they will be on it until something is too hard, or some other fad comes along. That’s why goody goody two shoe practices are popular – they require you to sit and do nothing. Fakes and wannabes think purchasing material props (such as some robes, a pentagram, a wand, maybe a book of spells etc) think that qualifies for magical mastery.

The real deal doesn’t care for image or what others think of them. Their journey is their own, obstacles will always occur and the challenge/key to mastery is confronting head on, rather than sitting around with a thumb up their arse reading bible passages.