I used GPT-3 to write a grimoire: free link

I used ai dungeon to generate a butoh grimoire. It is about 60 pages of rituals and musings, including a repeated working with GPT-3 treated as an evoked entity

http://www.mediafire.com/file/qksg7vdru5lvygt/Techgnosis_Grimoire.pdf/file

3 Likes

That’s really cool. I was just playing with this last night. There’s a lot of fun to be had with AI Dungeon, but hacking it to use GPT-3 for other projects is just extra fun :slight_smile: I’m on the list to, I hope, get full API access.

Wow. This has much, much more meat on it than I expected. The Exegesis reads amazingly like a doctoral level essay from a grad school Lit Crit class, really.

I’m really interested in how you kept GPT-3 on task. I assume the AI Dungeon implementation occasionally goes “You enter the keep with Dante’s Inferno in hand, and a skeleton attacks you! Bonk!” Or does it? It liked doing oddball stuff like that when I was playing with it. Endearing, but also exasperating. Like playing with a 2 year old who somehow has read the entire literary canon plus the Internet.

Thanks for sharing this. It’s probably the most interesting GPT-3 assisted thing I’ve seen so far. Looking forward to reading through it more, which I’ll go do now :smile:

Edit: I meant to ask, did you upgrade to the “dragon” version of AI Dungeon? The paid one. If so, was it any better or easier to focus?

Thank you!

Much of my approach was to let the AI generate unexpected text that I then interpreted. I’ve written quite a lot using the cut up technique of Burroughs, so using AI Dungeon in this way was familiar. Once you type a bit of interpretation, the AI is capable of using logic to continue it. If it starts down a path of argumentation that you don’t want, just edit it a little. Sometimes it does quite well, other times not so much. It mostly mimics the kind of language you use, so if you start as an essay, it mostly stays an essay.

I paid for Dragon right from the start, so I’m not entirely sure in which ways it is better.

I’ve got another one of these in the works, so keep an eye out!

1 Like

Yay! I’ll look forward to it. Personally I’ve had nothing but fun playing with AI Dungeon, even when it goes off the deepend :stuck_out_tongue:

Here’s a video ritual inspired by the book that will follow it:

The finished book is out on Amazon now: https://www.amazon.com/GPT-3-TECHGNOSIS-CHAOS-MAGICK-GRIMOIRE/dp/B08NVL6D62/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1606258095&sr=1-1

If you’d like to write me a review, let me know, and I’ll send you a free copy on kindle.