Broom closet tips

I’m not out as a witch yet to my family, i want to hide it as long as possible. Any tips?

Well posting here instead of facebook is a good start.

Basically don’t you never want your magic to be in the same room as your family to keep a secret.

That means irl and online.

You got friends and family on the same account as your witchy peeps you are asking for trouble.

Keep your altar small and mobile. Find something with a lock on it to stash your gear in.

1 Like

I feel this haha I have to hide my books and candles and EVERYTHING. sigh my ‘other half’ is skeptic calls it bad names and makes me feel terrible about liking it. I have a small chest I keep all my goodies in in a cabinet. I can lock the chest but there’s no need for me to in my situation. A seperate cabinet for all my dried herbs I told him are ‘for teas and medicine’. They are but also for other things. Hiding spell books and books to further knowledge makes me sad but I decided not to give up. Slowly he’s becoming more accepting Where’s he’s not saying such hurtful things. Do you live with your family that you’re hiding it from? Maybe you can keep some of thr harder to hide things at a friend’s house if you’re worried. :frowning: hiding something that makes you happy is painful, I wish you luck! Don’t give up I’m here for you if needed :slight_smile:

As a teen, a friend of mine used a stationary desk set as her altar tools. She had a very fancy letter opener and matching refillable metal pen. She also did lots of crafts and so was able to have many different colors of ribbon, paper, etc to use for spells.

Just goes to show that if they are your tools, your tools can be anything - the stationery desk set is a very clever idea :slight_smile:

1 Like