Advancing My craft

I know that my craft is pretty basic and i want to improve upon it, but i have no idea how to do that. What would you guys say is on the more intermediate level? And how much experience would i need? I iust need a little bit of help

The next step is a more worldly view. Creating a philosophy that will alter the very essential thoughts of mankind as they go about their lives in an effort to live, experience, and cooperate. Are you up for this task? Its not easy, I wouldn’t recommend it. Better to sit in your warm house of love than to tackle humanitys intentions.

Start designing rituals, spells, sigils, lexicons, etc. Make your own tools. Magic works like other crafts in that way. People who use tools, even symbolic and ceremonial ones, start getting a sense of what’s important about different tools. Then they start making their own, or customizing and altering what’s available, or streamlining process and the way they all work together. Blacksmiths make their own hammers. Engineers tinker with machines and assembly steps. You’ll probably start doing similar things, as you get comfortable with the established ways.

2 Likes

When I would reach that point in my practice, I would choose a subject to study more in depth and attempt to become a master of it. I studied other cultures and/or scholars versions and experiences of similar practices to understand things from a different perspective as well. It gave me a better handle on things.

Also, I’d like to add that I agree with Aries. Making your own tools can give you an edge because the piece becomes imprinted with your energy as you create it.

I don’t really think in terms of beginner/intermediate/advanced because most techniques I think can be done in a beginner/intermediate/advanced way.

Like all boxers practice their jab, the veteran is just way better at it.

When I feel I’m stuck I just pick a thing that I hear people talking about that sounds interesting, but I don’t know much about it, any then start reading!

2 Likes